Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Back Down to Earth (Prose of life)

I just missed a great job offer. Thought I was the one for this one. Turned out I wasn't. It came as a total surprise to me. Went through a depression-like period - I must admit. Had a deep drop in motivation towards my current job. Thinking that this might come out as good for me kept me in one piece. Funny how a child in me came out suddenly. Wanted a toy but didn't get it.

Well, this is what life is partly about. A struggle. Kind of survival. But again it seems as the greatest enemy is the one within a man, not anything outside. It is all about how we interpret what comes by. This was the time when I interpreted an occurrence as another proof that I made many mistakes in my life. You know one of these times when you say to yourself: "Didn' I tell you?!". I think if I wasn't that much of an egoist I would simply wait humbly for another opportunity not necessarily thinking that such an event describes me in any way. But I do think so, and it hurts me. When will I finally grow up to just accept how we are in life and how we are connected to other people in this life, what are the rules of life and the rest of this. I am afraid that in my case this might come only sometime after I retire and then I will have the every right to resent me being too egocentric throughout most of my life.

How do we stop to be egoists? I mean really stop, not pretend we aren't in front of others and ourselves? Anyone keen to advise?

No comments: