Sunday, May 13, 2007

Getting on with life.

Well: I didn't get my dream job, applied too late for my dream rock climbing course in Tatry mountains, the mirror in my camera locked up itself and I still don't have a bike....

Anyway, I need to get on with life. Need to get a bike and apply for a Accelerated Free Flight course - a parachuting course (my other dream). I need to get that camera fixed 'cause I still can't afford to get the dream digital one (like Nikon D80 or even D200). I'll also need to find a vacation substitution for this climbing course. I don't know yet what it would be but I need to find out soon.
Surprisingly I do not feel very down because of the lost job opportunity and this lost climbing course. Maybe it's the age or simply experience. I don't know. Important is that I am happy - I am! And I'm happy that I'm happy. It is a sign that I must be going the right direction. It calms me down a bit. Eases up my analytical thinking and edginess. The first thing about aging that I observed is that at some moment (I guess that only for some people - I'm speaking for myself here) life becomes a kind of a schedule divided into years. It will of go how and where you "schedule" it. If you plan this and that this year, you'll most probably do it. If you can't then you might wanna have a backup plan for such instances - something that you want to do equally eagerly. If you don't have a plan your year it simply drips through your fingers and it might be happening year after year if you don't notice soon enough. But I think that such kind of planning requires you to be prepared in terms of knowing what you want, what can be resigned from in favor of something else which is more achievable but achievable. You first need to learn to choose in agreement with what is really important for you. Sometimes it might be a category of things and not necessarily specific, concrete things. This allows for choice and preference. If you'd never think about things you want and never think deeper into things that you want and are important to you, you would not have anything to choose from. So if you'd have just only one thing that you want to do this year there is a risk that if you don't achieve it you'd feel very bad about yourself.

Always have alternatives. Have various hobbies and interests. It helps to live a happier life.

No comments: